When planning an outdoor winter maternity session in Minnesota, you never know what the weather will bring! Brit had a vision for her maternity session and it included 2 things: tall pines & snow. We postponed Brit & Nate’s late December maternity session to January with the hopes of having more snow on the ground and that trade off gave us a chilly 10 degree day! Regardless, we had so much fun together documenting this beautiful time in their life as they anticipate the arrival of their first baby!
One of the best ways to make the most of your winter session is to dress for it. Here are a few tips for cold weather!
- LAYERS! Adding layers underneath your outfit can make a huge difference! Wear leggings or long johns under a long dress or jeans and wear an extra shirt or two under a sweater.
- Add accessories like a cute stocking hat, scarf or nice jacket! Turn a faux fur blanket into a shawl or use it to wrap up the kids for snuggles!
- Bring hand warmers! Put them in your gloves or pockets or let little ones hold onto them to keep their hands warm.
- Bring a tumbler of hot cocoa – it will warm you up and make a fun prop!
- We’ll take breaks between shots to warm up in your outerwear or take a break in the car if needed!
I promise once you see your photos, you’ll forget how cold your fingers were and you’ll only feel your excitement and love for each other!